Tatenokawa CRAFT - Yuki, Junmai Daiginjo / 純米大吟醸
FREE SHIPPING TO HONG KONG
- only available for 18 years old or above -
Carefully hand brewed sake in limited quantities with Sake rice "Yuki Megami (Snow Goddess)" - surpassing the "King of Sake Rice".
This newly brewed sake, Tatenokawa CRAFT - Yuki, by the well-known sake manufacturer Tatenokawa, created the highest grade of sake by using Sake rice "Yuki Megami (Snow Goddess)", which was said to surpass Yamada Nishiki, the "King of Sake Rice". This sake is brewed with sake rice “Yuki Megami (Snow Goddess)” in 40% Rice polishing rate.
It is a modest liquor with a ripe muscat-like aroma and a light, pleasant sweetness. It combines the robust flavor of sake with the quality of a Junmai Daiginjo. The smooth taste, the satisfying after-drink feeling, and the aroma that lingers in the nose would create upmost satisfaction.
Beautiful rice polishing rate
- Rice polishing rate of about 35-40% is the best way to express the beauty and characteristic of sake rice while retaining the solid feeling of raw sake.
- In order to maximize the taste and characteristics of the sake rice, the brand has particularly not included the normal yeast which are common in existing products for manufacturing Junmai Daiginjo, the highest grade of sake. It is brewed with a unique liquor quality design, such as using Kyokai No. 6 yeast, which produces a very solid liquor quality.
Delicate hand brewing management in a small capacity tank of 600 kg
- The brewing of the sake is done in a highly small capacity tank of 600kg, which is the same standards as high-class sakes. It is said to be the best capacity for hand brewing sakes.
- Such a small capacity tank for brewing requires an extreme high level of skills from the craftsmen. With experience of manufacturing sake for over a century, Tatenokawa has delicate brewing design and careful management to control the performance of yeast, which the sake will become more rich in texture.
The manufacturer that only produce the highest grade of sake
- Sake is categorized into various grades depending on its raw ingredients and manufacturing method. Tatenokawa is confident in their brewing technique that they only produce the highest grade of sake, Junmai Daiginjo.
About Tatenokawa the manufacturer
Tatenokawa (楯の川), is located in the northern part of Yamagata, Japan, which is a region that is well-known of its abundance of high-quality rice. Their company has produced Sake since 1832, and they are one of the few companies that solely produces Junmai Daiginjo, the highest grade of sake.