Tatenokawa CRAFT - San, Junmai Daiginjo / 純米大吟醸
FREE SHIPPING TO HONG KONG
- only available for 18 years old or above -
This newly brewed sake, Tatenokawa CRAFT - San by the well-known sake manufacturer Tatenokawa, makes the most of the individuality of "Sake rice" by using the most signature rice in this region - Dewa Sansan. Thanks to the delicate brewing design and the brands’ rigorous handling in rice, the umami and character of this specially cultivated rice, Dewa Sansan, can be felt extra clearly in this unpasteurized sake with a sense of sweetness. It is recommended as a food sake, and drinking from a wine glass could further bring up the pleasing aroma.
- Using the signature sake rice from Yamagata
- This rice has been used by Tatenokawa (楯の川) for the longest time."Dewa Sansan" rice was created by contract farming with local farmers and in-house rice milling.
- The rice is beautifully scraped into "50% polished rice" in which the sake retains the deliciousness and characteristics of Dewa rice.
- In order to maximize the taste and characteristics of the sake rice, the brand has particularly not included the normal yeast which are common in existing products for manufacturing Junmai Daiginjo, the highest grade of sake. It is brewed with a unique liquor quality design, such as using Kyokai No. 6 yeast, which produces a very solid liquor quality.
- Delicate hand brewing management in a small capacity tank of 600 kg
- The brewing of the sake is done in a highly small capacity tank of 600kg, which is the same standards as high-class sakes. It is said to be the best capacity for hand brewing sakes.
- Such a small capacity tank for brewing requires an extreme high level of skills from the craftsmen. With experience of manufacturing sake for over a century, Tatenokawa has delicate brewing design and careful management to control the performance of yeast, which the sake will become more rich in texture.
- The manufacturer that only produce the highest grade of sake
- Sake is categorized into various grades depending on its raw ingredients and manufacturing method. Tatenokawa is confident in their brewing technique that they only produce the highest grade of sake, Junmai Daiginjo.
About Tatenokawa the manufacturer
Tatenokawa (楯の川), is located in the northern part of Yamagata, Japan, which is a region that is well-known of its abundance of high-quality rice. Their company has produced Sake since 1832, and they are one of the few companies that solely produces Junmai Daiginjo, the highest grade of sake.